EdVest Home About the Plan Investment Options Your Account Planning Tools Open an Account Contact Us EdVest Home Plan Basics Open an Account Contributions Using Your Money News Center
Who can open an account?
Anyone of legal age can open an account. There are no residency or income restrictions. Both account owners and beneficiaries need to have valid Social Security numbers.
Do I need to open separate accounts for each of my children?
Yes. Each account may have only one beneficiary, but you can open accounts for as many beneficiaries as you'd like.
Does the account owner have to be related to the beneficiary?
No. As an account owner, you may open an account for your child, a stepchild, niece or nephew, friend, or anyone.

If I open an account, will my child still be eligible for financial aid if we need it?
Your eligibility for financial aid will depend on your family's financial circumstances when your child enrolls in college.

EdVest investments are exempt from the calculation of Wisconsin state financial aid awards administered by the Higher Educational Aids Board. If you're applying for Wisconsin State financial aid, contact HEAB to have your EdVest assets removed from the calculation of your "expected family contribution."
> Review your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and locate the question number where you recorded your EdVest assets.
> Contact HEAB by writing to: P.O. Box 7885, Madison, WI 53707-7885 (give them the question number and the amount of EdVest assets included), or e-mail them at HEABmail@heab.state.wi.us.

Approximately 6% of a parent's assets and 35% of a student's assets are considered when determining federal financial aid eligibility. The U.S. Department of Education and others have advised that funds in programs like EdVest may be considered an asset of the account owner when determining federal financial aid eligibility.

Who controls the money in an EdVest account?
The person who signs the Participation Agreement for the program is the account owner. The account owner maintains control over all of the money in the account. The beneficiary does not have any control over the account.

How can I stay informed about my account?
There are three easy ways to access your account information 24 hours a day.
> Our web site – www.EdVest.com
> Automated account information phone line – 1-800-368-7550
> A live representative at 1-888-EdVest-WI (1-888-338-3789)

In addition, every quarter you will receive a statement that shows the activity on your account – including any contributions, withdrawals, and earnings.

Can I transfer assets from another state's college savings plan into an EdVest account?
Yes. You can roll over balances from another state's program provided that the other state's plan allows it. You will need to complete a new EdVest account application along with a Rollover Request form.
Can I open and contribute to an account for myself?
Yes. EdVest allows you to name yourself as both the account owner and the beneficiary.
How do I get started?
You can enroll online today, or request a free enrollment kit. If you would like to speak with a College Planning Specialist, call 1-888-EdVest-WI (1-888-338-3789).

This Web site is accompanied by a current program description for EdVest. Consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the investment carefully before investing. This and other information about EdVest can be found in a current program description. Please read it carefully before investing.

An investor’s or a designated beneficiary’s home state may offer state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in that state’s qualified tuition program. Please consider this before investing.

Privacy PolicyImportant Legal InformationProgram Rules open an accountaccount logine-mail usfaq